Monday, 19 May 2014

Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme Mascara

Oh how I love to try a new mascara on a whim....umm 3 for 2, it would clearly be rude not to....and to end up absolutely loving it!! Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme Mascara is that product.
I love the original Colossal mascara and for some reason have never tried the other variations of it that Maybelline have introduced over the years (Volume Express Colossal and Volum' Express Colossal Smokey Eyes FYI).
 
 
 
So I was doing my usual lunchtime roam of Superdrug, I actually popped down there to buy a friends birthday present so had an excuse for a change, and decided I needed a new mascara. I was actually trying to avoid the Maybelline stand after HATING Falsies Big Eye mascara (I'm still yet to do a review on this in the hope it will get better....it isn't so far) but then I remembered how much I loved the original Colossal formula so thought I'd give this a try.

Maybelline's campaign for this mascara goes something like this "Want Bigger? Bolder? No limits for your lashes" so I was expecting something pretty impressive.
Colossal go extreme has a different kind of wand to the original colossal mascara. It has a supersize brush and uses something called a superloading stem which ensures plenty of product reaches those bristles at the end, and subsequently our eyes. There's nothing I hate more than a great mascara but the opening at the top of the tube is too tight and scrapes all the product off as you pull your wand out!!
I'm not sure exactly how it works but it definitely seems to, the perfect amount of product was found on my wand everytime I pulled it out of the tube.

 
With & without mascara....I hope you can see which is which! haha
The consistency of the mascara is perfect in my opinion. Not too runny and wet (nobody needs smudging all over their eyelids!) but not too thick and gloopy either. I really can achieve the perfect look with just one coat of this mascara but it's also really buildable and with a couple of coats I'm left with proper va-va-voom lashes.
I love it!!

For a drugstore mascara I am really impressed and will be using this for the foreseeable future.
It retails at £6.99 which is a really reasonable price and don't forget you can normally pick it up in Boots or Superdrugs 3 for 2 deals.

Do you use Maybelline mascara?
I'd love to hear which ones are your favourites?
XOXO

Like my blog? Please consider following me on GFC, Google + or Bloglovin
You can find me here: Blog Lovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Google +