Friday, 11 April 2014

NOTD MUA Pistachio Ice Cream

Afternoon dolls!
Today I have an absolute gem to share with you...MUA nail polish in Pistachio Ice Cream
 
I came across this little beaut whilst I was buying some holiday essentials on the Superdrug website. I had to spend over £50 to get free delivery and my basket was at something like £46 so of course I looked straight to my favourite budget beauty brand MUA!
To top up my order I actually added this gorgeous polish, a blush AND a new lipstick - all for £4 but more about those another time....
 
Image: Superdrug

This image from the Superdrug website really doesn't do the shade justice but I couldn't seem to get the lighting right on my iPhone and my camera is all packed away ready for our holiday now.
You can see much a proper reflection of the colour here on the lovely Shannon's blog Raspberry Kisses, she has much better pictures than me!
Pistachio Ice Cream is a gorgeous pale mint green, particularly one of the pastel shades I reach for at this time of year.
 
Yes since MUA have reinvented their nail polish bottles they are obviously trying to imitate Essie but to be honest I don't blame them. The Essie packaging is so classic and effortless what's not to be jealous of? And don't they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery?


Like I said...not my greatest images
The polish itself is quite translucent so I found it does definitely need a few coats to get the opaque look that I'm usually after. The consistency of the polish is a little on the gloopy side and not the easiest to apply but (similarly with Barry M Gelly's) I've discovered if you apply a coat of clear matte polish in between coats it really does make all the difference and allows you do apply even the most stubborn formulas like a dream.

It's safe to say I am absolutely obcessed with this shade! I definitely think colour wise its a serious Mint Candy Apple dupe, and obviously we could all do with one of those in our life!
Pistachio Ice Cream has literally has not left my nails since I purchased a fortnight ago, and for someone who usually changes their polish every couple of days this definitely says something.

The absolute most important thing to mention....this nail polish is £1 - YES ONE POUND!
So yes it isn't the best nail polish around and yes it does chip after a while (better with a top coat I must add) but at the end of the day it costs less than a coffee so I really don't think you can go wrong!

Do you own any MUA nail polishes?
What do you think of them? I'd love to hear from you
XOXO
Like my blog? Please consider following me on GFC, Google + or Bloglovin
You can find me here: Blog Lovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Google +