Monday, 31 March 2014

Collection 2000 Supersize Fat Lash Mascara

Collection 2000 aren't a brand that I usually find myself drawn towards. I'm not sure if it reminds me of being young and buying the "cheapest" makeup I could with my pocket money, or just because I prefer other brands nowadays?
 
Anyhow I think this snuck (is that even a word?) its way into my life in my Christmas stocking from my mummy. Yes I'm nearly 26 years old, no I haven't lived with my parents for a while & yes my mum does still make me a stocking full of treats every Christmas! *she's the best!* - in fact the boy gets his own stocking now as well. haha.
Gotta love my mumma!

One thing I do like about this mascara is the packaging. It's bright bright pink/purple so easy to spot in my ever growing handbag of random junk. The simple black writing on a bright background is definitely a look that I appreciated. Slightly similar to the Maybelline mascara range which hosts some of my all time favourites!

Unfortunately that is the only positive I have about this mascara. The formula of the product itself was very thick and gloopy which is never a good trait for a mascara to have and it also suffered from my other pet hate...the neck of the tube squeezes every single last drop of product off your brush before you can pull it out - not leaving nearly enough product for thick layered application that I like.

The brush quality isn't the best either. It's just a pretty standard, too flimsy, not enough volume, drug store brush that cannot hold enough product. As you can see pretty well in the piccy below.
 
So as much as it pains me to say this, Supersize Fat Lash Mascara is a big fat flop and is being sitting on the side wastefully as we speak.
I'm currently using it as my "can't find any other mascara" mascara when any mascara would be better than no mascara but other than that I'm sticking with my trusty MUA Lash Boom mascara that you can read about here and I also purchased Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes mascara that I am looking forward to trialling and reviewing soon
 
Collection 2000 Supersize Fat Lash mascara can be found in all good drugstores and retails at £2.99
 
Have you tried any Collection 2000 mascaras?
Have I been unlucky with this one?
 
Like my blog? Please consider following me on GFC, Google + or Bloglovin
You can find me here: Blog Lovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Google +
 
XOXO