Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Models Own Hypergel nail polishes

Last week I was over the moon to see Models Own had a massive 50% off sale to celebrate getting to 250,000 likes on Facebook. Obviously it would be rude not to take full advantage of this so i definitely stocked up on a few bits i've been dying to get my hands on for a while.
 
Two of these were from their new Hypergel range which as you can probably guess is Models Own's take on the popular gel-look-but-without-the-UV-lamp manicure. All polishes from the Hypergel range claim to be highly pigmented, long lasting and chip resistant. They provide a gel-like finish which gives the professional shine of a salon manicure.
 
I purchase two of the shades that I was instantly drawn to: Pink Veneer and Cornflour Gleam.
Both of these are gorgeous pastels which will be perfect to wear throughout the Spring months. Pink Veneer is a gorgeous baby pink but still surprisingly opaque with just one coat and Cornflour Gleam is a lush pastel blue/purple.




Generally I'm a big fan of all "gel-type" nail polishes, I mean who doesn't want longer lasting nail polish without having to sit under a UV lamp? The Hypergel formula has a lovely consistency and is really easy to apply in just a couple of strokes. I definitely think the polishes are opaque enough to get away with one coat - but as Pink Veneer is quite a pale colour I did apply another coat to deepen the colour slightly - it was 100% after just one though.

Swatches are two coats of polish
 
Hypergel does remind me a lot of the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine polishes which I am a big fan of but my only moan would be that as the polish is slightly thicker than a usual nail polish, which I understand is necessary to get the gel-like finish, they do tend to take a little lot longer to dry than a normal nail polish would.....however Models Own do seem to have avoided this. Hypergel takes a teeeny bit longer to dry than a normal polish but overall I was totally dry within minutes and really impressed.
You can see the incredible shine from my swatches above - winner!

There are currently 10 shades in the Hypergel collection and you can find them online here
All these shades are truely lovely and very spring/summer appropraite but I hoping Models Own will launch some darker shades for later on in the year when I find myself reaching for a vampier nail colour.
These retail at £5 each but at the moment Models Own have a 50% sale when you spend over £25 online so mine only worked out at £2.50 each which is a total bargain.

Do you own any of the Hypergel range?
Which colours are you hearting?
I'd love to hear from you as always
XOXO