Friday, 10 January 2014

Debenhams Winter Style Challenge

Earlier this week an email popped into my Inbox asking whether i'd be interested in the Debenhams Winter Style Challenge and i absolutely jumped at the chance.
 
Huge brand department stores like Debenhams are definitely one of my favourite places to shop. You just can't beat being able to find absolutely every item you could possible desire all in one place.
These days you find loads of big brands in Debenhams and you can always trust the quality to be fantastic.
 
For the winter style challenge we had to create mood boards to represent two winter outfits, one a daytime look to encorporate practicallity of the weather whilst still looking stylish and the other should be your ultimate party look.
Each look must be made up of Debenhams current women's collection and within a £250 budget
sooooo lets get started......
 
My daytime look
 
 
L-R clockwise:
Total spend: £244.10
 
I actually have this parka jacket myself and absolutely adore it! Parka's are so so popular this year so with this look you will be bang on trend. The fur lining makes it a little more heavyweight than the usual 'mac' style parka's you see so perfect for the chilly winter months.
Now whoever said you couldn't wear shorts in the winter season has clearly never owned a fab pair of high 100 denier opaque tights. No matter what the weather I love the look of shorts with chunky, thick knit tights underneath and think it can definitely make you stand out in the crowd.
The gorgeous heart print jumper from Oasis is so dainty and chic, I simply adore it! The PU collar adds a little high fashion feel to the piece as again PU and the leather look was massive on the catwalks in 2013.
Miss KG is a brand I know and love and I picked these stunning biker boots because I think my feet would need a rest from all the sparkly heels that I've been wearing over the Christmas period. Plus I can definitely move quicker in the January sales with lovely comfy flat shoes. These boots have on trend stud detail which will be timeless and can be worn with so many different looks.
As for the beanie hat I don't know about you but I have been living in mine these past few months. There's nothing better to keep you warm and cosy - plus this one is now a bargain in the sale!!
 
My party look

 
L-R clockwise:
Lipsy red form fitting sequin dress £65 £45.50 now £32.50
Total spend: £210
 
Don't ask me why because I don't have a clue but something about winter and Christmas always just screams SEQUIIIIINS at me! I honestly could tell you the last A/W I haven't purchased a new sequin item of clothing. This Lipsy dress is so sparkly and a lovely deep red colour so perfect for the holidays. From experience (and a few under arm areas ripped to shreds!) I've learned it's for the best to buy sequin dress' of the long sleeved variety, plus they will always keep you that bit warmer in the cold.
Most of my budget this time went on these incredible Carvela platform high heeled shoes - aren't they beautiful? I am a total sucker for high heels, the higher the better as far as I'm concerned (as long as you can walk in them without looking like bambi of course). High heels elongate your legs and just generally make me feel pretty glam and in the party spirit. No night out would be the same without them.
I thought this cute bow detail clutch bag was such a steal at £7.50 I couldn't not include it. I'm seriously thinking about purchasing one myself now. It has a gorgeous satin finish to it and would match most outfits.
Last but definitely not least this lovely Warehouse faux fur coat. In the winter months I really don't think there's anything better than getting all wrapped up in your faux fur coat. Honestly until you own one you won't know what I mean but you absolutely do not feel the cold at all in these bad boys. I love the grey/silver shade of this coat, a little different from the usual black and cream that you see all the time.
 
So there it is, my picks of the Debenhams Women's collection, what do you think?
I really had so so much fun putting this post together, shopping suddenly becomes so much more fun when it's not your own money being spent :)
 
You can read more about the Debenhams Winter Style Challenge here
What would your style picks be?
XOXO