Monday, 14 October 2013

NOTD Wedding Nails

 
On friday i had the pleasure of going to the wedding of one of my oldest guy friends. It was an absolutely perfect day with the bride looking incredible and groom obviously looking very cute as boys do when they are all suited and booted. It's so lovely to see a friend looking so happy and in love and witnessing their special day - in case you haven't gathered i LOVE a wedding! Especially now my group of friends are getting older and settling down, we don't get the opportunity to all be together and go out drinking anymore so it's a real treat to all get together and have fun just like the old carefree 18yr old days!
 

 
But anyway slightly off track....here were my nails for the big day. Barry M Foil Effect in Gold. Then for my accent nail i just applied gold nail glitter that I picked up at Westfield Stratford a while back, normally I would just apply a top coat over the top but this time I got my UV lamp out and applied some clear gel over the top thinking it would give me a smoother finish and last longer. And I was right, i don't know why i didn't think of doing this everytime i used nail glitter.
I was torn between a nude or mint green dress for the wedding so i decided gold would go with either and could be matched with nude or black accessories.
 
So far I'm very impressed with the application of this nail polish. It goes on very smoothly and only really needed one coat to be totally opaque. It's now been on my nails for 4 days and is only just starting to chip, which is plenty of longevity for me as I like to change my nail polish pretty regularly.
 
You can get Barry M Foil Effect nail paint at any Barry M counter for £3.99
 
Have you tried DIY gel nails at home? Have you been to any weddings recently?
XOXO