Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Broadway Nails imPress Press-On Manicure

A couple of weeks ago I received a set of imPress Manicure by Broadway Nails in my October GlossyBox. Although i've already mentioned these in my GlossyBox write up i was really impressed (excuse the pun!) so thought i thought they deserved a review of their own.
The imPress manicure system is designed to be exactly that...more of a manicure and easy but perfect polish effect than false nails - which in fact they actually are of course.


I received the set in a lovely french manicure finish which was right up my street. To change it up slightly each nail had a glitter/white tip (not very clear in the picture) which i love.
My absolutely favourite thing about this product has to be the packaging! A cute little bottle of nail varnish to keep your false nails in. Couldn't have designed it better myself! Each pack comes with 24 nails, 12 different sizes and 2 of each and a little prep pack which includes a wipe and file.

imPress Press-On manicure claim to:
- have no drying time - deliver an instant salon perfect manicure without the drying time of polish or glue
- superior lasting shine - an indestructable top coat that rivals the best salon gel polish
- easy removal - gently peel from sides or apply polish remover around the edges, wait 1 minute, then peel off
- lasts up to a week - when applied properly they will last up to a week whilst protecting nails
I have to say i really do agree with all these claims. These nails were so easy to apply, literally fool proof, each one has a little plastic tab on the back that you peel off to reveal the pre-glued section before applying to your finger. Then you simply press down for 30 seconds or so and hey presto your nails are stuck fast. I have never ever been a fan of stick on nails, no matter which brand or style i have tried over the years i have just not been able to get any to stay on my fingers for more than a few hours. I've tried regular glue, pre-glued, sticky tabs and nothing ever works. As soon as i go to sleep my nails seem to fall off in my sleep (if not before) but come morning I was amazed to see these beauties were still going strong. And they still felt very "stuck". No wobbliness at all. The nails then proceeded to stay firmly stuck like this until i chose to remove them after 4 days. I am super impressed!
Speaking of removal it was really really easy and each nail peeled off perfectly with a little encouragement and i didn't have to use nail polish remover like they suggest as an option.
One of my other worries when wearing stick on nails is that they will look too stuck on! If that makes any sense at all? I think up close i could definitely tell they were falsies, but then maybe that's because i knew they were, but my mum asked were they my real nails so that's got to be a good sign. And from a short distance they definitely look amazing. Each nail is really flexible which i think definitely helps with them fitting so snuggly to your natural nail shape.

imPress Press-On Manicure comes in over 20 different styles including french, leopard, brights, neons, patterns and can be found in both short and medium lengths. You can find them in Boots or Superdrug and at the moment some styles are on offer in Superdrug with prices starting at £3.99!
Will you be trying imPress Press-On Manicure?
Have you tried stick on nails before? Which brands would you recommend?
XOXO