Tuesday, 15 October 2013

GlossyBox - October

This month it seems like i'm not the absolute last person in the whole entire world to receive my Glossy Box, which makes a change. This months theme was Dark Romance and i think everybody associated this with deep berry tones, strong lip & nail colours and was yet out box turned out nothing like this. To be honest im struggling to see the Dark Romance theme at all, it seems like a bit of a strange one...
 

 
Here's a look at what i got:
 
Katy Perry Killer Queen Fragrance
 
Size: Again a small tester vial of perfume. I am always so disappointed to see these in my Glossy Box. I think its unbelievable that these can be included in a box we pay good money for when you can pick them up at any department store fragrance counter. 1.5ml....again
 
Product: Killer Queen is again a lovely smelly fragrance. By no means am i complaining about the type or scent of fragrance samples i am receiving, just the size. It is a typical Floriental fragrance which i love and think can easily be worn day or night.
 
Price: 50ml retails at £29.50 meaning my sample is worth a measly £0.88
 
Would i buy it? Yes i probably would. It's a pleasant perfume and being a celebrity scent the retail price is really reasonable.
 
 
Monu Illuminating Primer
 
Size: This sample is a great size 20ml
 
Product: I have been needing a new primer for a while but keep forgetting to pick one up so i was excited to see this in my box. Unfortunately it is not entirely to my taste being an illuminating primer, those of you that have been reading my blog for a while will know i definitely prefer a matte look. I would rather use a highlighter like Benefit High Beam to highlight only the areas i want rather than a base illuminator to highlight everything. If im honest the consistency and smell of this product really remind me of Nivea Moisturising Cream. It does however keep my makeup flawlessly in place for hours, just a little shinier than i like.
 
Price: Full size this primer is 50ml at retails at £24.95. This makes my sample worth £9.98 which im really impressed with
 
Would i buy it? If Monu released a mattifying version yes!
 

MeMeMe Cherub's Blush Cheek & Lip Tint
 
Size: I was impressed to see this sample was full size 12ml
 
Product: This is really very similar to Benefit Bene-tint which i already have, but GlossyBox obviously aren't to know that! To be honest i don't reach for lip tint's very often as i'd rather use a full coverage lipstick but i do like to use products like this as cheek tint. I'm impressed with the longevity and pigment of this blush. It's perfect for a subtle glow on autumn and winter days and is probably the only product this month that deserves the Dark Romance title.  



 
Price: This cheek & lip tint retails at £5.50
 
Would i buy it? Yes
 
Premae Multi-Vit Smoothie Serum
 
Size: a reasonable 20ml
 
Product: I haven't had a chance to use this serum yet and honestly it's probably not a product i would normally reach for but im starting to get a couple of dry patches on my face where the weather has been getting colder so ill be interested to see if this can help. This skin serum claims to help soothe redness, hydrate the skin whilst keeping it matte and shine free (always a winner)
 
Price: Full size this serum is 50ml & £22.50. My sample is worth £9
 
Would i buy it: Probably not
 
Broadway Nail imPress Press-On Manicure
 
Size: Full size :)
 
Product: I was really excited to see these in my box this month. I never seem to have much luck with stick on nails, no matter how much i try i can never get them to stay on for more than a few hours and without fail they will be scattered round my bedsheets when i wake up in the morning. I have been wanted to try these press-on nails for a while so am looking forward to giving them a trial at the weekend when im going on a night out to Brighton. Plus i have received lovely french manicure style with a glitter tip which are very wearable and perfect for any occasion
 
Price: These start at £7.50
 
Would i buy them? ....to be decided
 
 From reading other people's reviews (again that'll teach me!) i was expecting to be disappointed with my Glossy Box this month....but when it arrived i was pleasantly surprised. I think the false nails made up for the disappointment from last month,  i know some people received sachets of bronzing lotion and hair oil which im not sure i would have been impressed with either so im happy i received the box that i did.
 
TOTAL BOX VALUE: £32.86
 
What did you make of this months box? Will you be subscribing anytime soon?
XOXO