Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Barry M Matte Nail Paint

Last week i popped into Superdrug and couldnt resist picking up this little beaut....
Barry M Matte Nail Paint in Black Espresso
Image: Superdrug
I had a little black nail polish disaster a couple of weeks ago, a bit of a long story but lets just say my white load of washing is no longer white after i left it in my dressing gown pocket!! Major agg! but anyway, this meant i was definitely in the market for a new black polish and was over the moon when i saw Barry M were bringing out the Matte range.
I absolutely LOVE the matte effect and it was huge on the catwalks A/W13. Alexander Wang and DKNY both featured matte effect in their shows so it must be a winner right? I have no idea why but i just think everything looks so much more glamourous in matte black rather than glossy. I think glossy black just reminds me of PVC which is definitely a look i'd rather avoid!
I mean look how good Kayne West's Lambourghini looks in matte black rather than gloss....sex.on.legs!
I would never normally opt for a black nail. It's a little too gothy for me, although I have plenty of friends who can really rock it well, it's just not for me. Unfortunately i always have and always will be a pastel, pinks & brights girl.....BUT seeing the matte effect polish strangely black was the first colour that sucked me in so i popped in my basket pretty quickly and pretty chuffed with myself for being more adventurous than normal - sad i know!
I got home and got painting and to be honest this polish hasn't left my nails since. I really do love it! Obviously being black you only really need 1 coat for full opaque-ness (although I have been using 2...just personal preference and i find my polish lasts slightly longer). I love that it dries really really quickly and you don't have to mess around with a top coat aswell which saves a bit of time.
Image: the-crumpet.com
I'm having a few photo problems, I've mostly been using the camera on my phone for swatching photos which i've recently smashed up so please bare with me and hopefully ill have some of my own better quality photos back with you soon
Barry M Matte Nail Paint also comes in 4 other shades: Nude Vanilla, Burgundy Crush, Brown Mocha and Brown Caramel. You can find Matte Nail Paint at any Barry M stand RRP £3.99.
Have you tried any of these? What do you think of matte effect?
XOXO