Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

As those of you who are regulars on the beauty blogger circuit will know there has been some serious hype surrounding this product, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (the foundation in the series also but there will be a review to follow on that!)
Again im not entirely sure what has taken me so long to purchase and try it out? The only thing i can think is that i normally associate powders with being pale, which is not a look i like to go for, and also i think of them making my skin dry & flakey which i definitely don't want.
I recently discovered that Stay Matte Powder comes in shade 001 Transparent which definitely caught my eye and would solve my pale phobias.
I naturally have a slightly oily t-zone and am prone to dry patches on my cheeks so typical awkward combination skin and the thought of staying matte for a good 5+ hours like Rimmel claim is possible would be a dream.

 
So as soon as i could locate 001 Transparent (which was a difficult task i tell you) i promptly popped one in my basket in Boots, excited to see what all the hype was about.

Now i have only been using this powder for 5 days so far but i am completely in love, entirely won over and it will definitely become one of my makeup bag must haves!
Being transparent in colour i found i could be really generous with the product and it really is the perfect finishing powder. My make-up lasted the entire night last Saturday, a good 5-6 hours without me feeling like anything was sliding off in a good old nightclub environment.

I'm not sure photos will even do this powder justice but here is me out last weekend (pre powder) and this weekend (with powder)...other than lips the rest of my makeup was pretty much the same. The light catching on my cheeks is Benefit High Beam rather than a shiny patch (haha!) but i can definitely see a difference on my forehead and i really felt better and not like i needed to touch up too much throughout the night like i usually do

 Rimmel Stay Matte Powder retails for £3.99 in all good drug stores or Rimmel counters. Which i think is a total bargain!

What do you all make of Rimmel Stay Matte Powder? Would you recommend any coloured versions?

XOXO